Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home Office

I’m lucky to have options for my work place – the well equipped office or the convenience of my home.

Home office is an option with its ADVANTAGES:

-          I don’t waste time to commute in the traffic

-          I have home made lunch

-          There is no noise from the other people working in the office

-          I don’t have to dress up, make up, make my hair
 

But since I started practicing it, I found some DISADVANTAGES:

-          I can get distracted with things out of work – chores, tv

-          I forget to take breaks, as no one asks me for a coffee break now and then. And it’s boring.

-          I don’t limit my working hours, so I work late

-          I don’t have the convenience of an office phone, printer, another monitor, etc.,

-          Face to face meetings are not possible

What I like most is having the both options and being able to combine them.


No comments: