Monday, January 31, 2011

If you have to ask, you don’t want to know?

“If you have to ask, you don’t want to know”, it’s a quote I like a lot because I believed it was completely true. Well, I still believe it’s true, but not completely.

If someone has good news for you it’s natural for him to make you happy by telling the news to you. If you don’t hear good news most likely there is nothing good to be told. But every rule has its exceptions. There was something I wanted to know very much, something I was thinking about for a long time. Our lives are so connected to the people we’re surrounded by that sometimes we need to know something about these people in order to be able to make right decisions. I set up my mind not to get disappointed if I got a negative result, there were no expectations, just a question like “What’s the weather like today?”. If I was told it was a bad weather I would just accept it… but honestly I had reasons to believe it would be warm and sunny.

I got an answer that made me happy! So happy that I forgot I had to ask for it or may be I felt a little sorry I didn’t ask earlier. So I learned a new lesson- rules make a good guide, but sometimes I must dare to look behind its limits. And when it comes to love, we make the rules!

No comments: