Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My personal rules for successful (possible) studying

I have to do my Master University Project. I like the subject I study very much and it's interesting for me, but I gotta confess it's very hard! So many people did it, so I can do it too! I took all of my exams during the years, it's just one step away to complete my graduation.
Like everything in my life here there are rules too (what should I break if there were no rules? ) Here are my unbreakable (really?) rules for studying:
1. Turn off mobile, skype, Facebook, ICQ and whatever can distract my attention. I don't want when a genius ideas comes to my silly brain, to be interupted by message "U know what a sale there is downtown?".
2. Make a good enviropment. Like it or no, I have to do it, so better to do it in the most comfortable way. I find the most comfortable sofa at home, where no one will bother me. Better find the place where there's no TV or fridge around, they always show u what else u can do while studying and distract attention :P
3. Fix big cup of coffee, no matter it's no early in the morning, it will keep me awake! Hahah why not a snack too? Hahah I gotta feed my brain (my what?) if I want it to work :P
4. Necessary tools. I might be a little old-fashioned but I always keep paper notes. A pink paper notebook and a pink pencil hahah they are so cute they make me ager to use them :P You know, "perfection is in the small details" (I don't remember who said that, but I'm convinced it was a woman).

5. Make a good plan to follow and always keep notes if something comes up into my mind about a step I'm not cyrrently working on.
6. Put time frames for every step. Otherwise you know, "Tomorrow never dies", but time flies and world will not stop waiting for you!
7. Search in the net for additional information or if I don't understand something and need explanation.
8. Always take breaks! And during the breaks I think of everything but not what I study. My brain needs a relax!
9. Always be concerned with the main problem. No matter how much I wanna share my thoughts about the bad weather today, my University project doesn't want to know!
10. Remember frequently what I do is because I really want it. I think how happy I will be when I complete it. Looking forward is always motivating!

And in a conclusion I can remind- rules help me to put my life in order, but my life is more important than the rules themselves :P
And just one more thing, life is not a university project! I'll give my best to complete it because it will make me happy, but if it doesn't work now it will work later! It's a priority in my life, not my whole life :)
Always stay positive :D !

No comments: