Thursday, November 5, 2009

Quotes

A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be her/himself -- to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love her/himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.

You know what I want? I want to be someone’s reason for waking up, someone’s reason for going through another day.

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

There is no better time than now. The time to live is now. The time to dream is now. The time to imagine and forget the past is now. The time to shine is now.

I admit it's tempting to wish for the perfect boss - the perfect parent - or the perfect outfit. But maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been dealt, and accessorize what we've got.

A woman is only destined to have her heart broken if she hands it over to someone too weak, too careless, or too distracted to hang on to it.

Never regret something that once made you smile.

Life comes w/no guarantees, timeouts or 2nd chances. Live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to u/tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, be a flirt & smile.

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

No matter what, ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Any doubts must be put out of your mind. If you find yourself thinking something negative, figure out who it was who put that thought in your head... then acknowledge that it's not your thought, push it out of your mind, and say, "I'm awesome!"

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.

Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different.

I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries.

If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will.

You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good.

Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time.

Take chances...a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up- and with who, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are... you learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel- always. Be you, and be okay with it.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

I love my past. I love my present. I'm not ashamed of my mistakes because I thought myself from them to be what I am now, and I'm not sad because I lost something I obviously could live without.

If you are unhappy with anything … whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.

If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page.

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.

Life is a book with many chapters. Some tell of tragedy, others of triumph. Some chapters are dull and ordinary, others intense and exciting. The key to being a success in life is to never stop on a difficult page, to never quit on a tough chapter.

Champions have the courage to keep turning the pages because they know a better chapter lies ahead.

Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.

Never forget that you only get one shot. One shot at this day, one shot at this minute. One shot at this age. One shot at life.

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you.

No comments: